Time

When thinking of using 'Time' as a metaphor I think of
my hands. I think of what they have done, been through, held, carressed, made, waved hello and goodbye to and how they changed.
And that thought leads me to my body and how I can track time just from specific scars, marks and wrinkles on my body. If I was to photograph, sketch or diagram the appearance of each of these through time, I could create a body time map.

I was thinking of how living in certain climates are easier to remember and account for time. When living in florida, it was so flat, always warm, and the vegetation remained the same. The occassional hurricane or strange alligator incident helped to mark time.
In Oregon, it was a rainforest and green all year, their was winter, or rainny season, and maybe 2.5 months of perfect weather. I would have to use the amount of rainfall or the number of consequitive days in which the sun hid behind the clouds as time trakers. Missouri has noticable change in the seasons and a dramtic difference in the vegetaion. I can tell stories and recount specific times and events based on the wacky Missouri weather. The seasons and the weather are a type of counting of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment